Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wyre-Rat (part 6)

At this point I wasn't too concerned about the interview. First of all if they'd been real cops--which I didn't think they were--and it had been something serious they would have dragged me to their place rather than coming into mine.

They weren't honestly concerned about gossip, or again they would have been more determined about the closed door--which, again, indicated to me that they weren't real cops. But at the same time, they didn't seem to be worried about being found out.

So some kind of hybrid, maybe.

"We represent the wyre Center," the younger and darker of the two stated.

I think that my face remained still. No simple tourist would know what the Center was. The word wyre, of course, was self explanatory. My instincts told me that both of these were just human.

I let them see my puzzlement. "What's that?"

He pulled out the traditional folder and handed it to me. I stared down at the words Wyre Containment Facility and somehow kept my face smooth. A tourist would not see those words, but only the official seal and the government logo. The name said Izates.

I flipped the folder open and closed. "I'm not sure I understand."

The young man called Izates reached out for the folder and I gave it to him. "You were out last night."

"Yes."

"Can you tell us where you went?"

"Of course." They would have all of this from the credit record for my cover identity. "There's a little dance club about half a mile from here called Muerto Paseo. I was there most of the night. Got back..." I squinted between them, as if trying to remember. "Some time after three, I think."


Part 7



If you want to start at the beginning: Wyre-Rat episode 1

No comments: