Thursday, November 7, 2013

As A Reader

A few weeks ago I was reading a blog post that talked about what readers want from a writer. Outside of the creative part, it said that most readers want to know the writer, to feel like they're a friend.

Oddly, what I most want to know about writers is "When is your next book coming out," but that's part of the creative stuff, I guess.

So I was thinking about my blog. This particular blog is for my readers. I also have a writers blog, and my crazy herb lady blog, and a seed exchange blog, and...Um, I think my interests are rather varied. And obsessive.

I was thinking about what my readers might like to know about me, and I kept coming up blank. What would I like to know about my favorite writers?

"When is your next book coming out?" which brings me right back to the beginning. I have no idea what my readers might like to know, but I know that whatever I say is probably going to be TMI. If so, I apologize in advance.

Your continued perusal of this blog is acknowledgment that I am human. Deal with it.

No comments: